Recently a customer asked me to design a Winery Themed shower invitation for a bridal shower she was hosting. This got me thinking about all the bridal showers and events I've attended in the past, and which events really stuck out in my mind. And it has to be those events where every detail has an element of the theme. From place cards to signage, I love when a hostess takes the time to tie the whole event together.
In that spirit, I wanted to pull together my Top 5 favorite Bridal Shower Themes. And of course, some gorgeous photography to get you inspired. Lets kick it off with:
1. Winery Theme. Who doesn't love booze at a shower? The guests need something to distract them during that downtime when the bride is opening gifts. A few great wine themed ideas are this "Guess the number of Corks" game. And use all those old corks in a vase for easy decor. A great and inexpensive favor would be wine stoppers. I love World Market for unique wine accessories.
2. Fiesta/Mexican Theme - I don't know if its because I am from San Antonio, and the sight of paper picado makes me want to celebrate, I can't help but love a good Mexican themed shower. Basically any color under the sun can work for this event. I love using Mexican blankets as table runners. The easiest buffet to plan is a taco bar, and if you need some Mexican themed event koozies, you know where to go!
3. Brunch and Bubbly - I love this shower theme as it is so easy to recreate at home. Start with a fabulous mimosa or champagne bar. Creating a menu around the bride's favorite breakfast foods is easy too. Mini quiches, donuts and muffins, even this cute Parfait Bar. Because parfait sounds so much cooler than 'yogurt.' Download the cute Parfait Bar sign here. A great brunch shower game is to have each guest bring a recipe and then bundle them up for the bride as a group gift.
4. Garden Party - this theme is pretty great because you can take the menu and decor wherever you like. I recommend setting up outdoor tables and splurging on flower arrangements to create that magic botanical vibe. For the menu, I like pasta salads and dainty Giada type food. These caprese skewers are adorable. I love these modern floral invitations from Minted for this theme too.
5. Black and White (Kate Spade Inspired) Shower - I love me some preppy design. And chic black and white stripes never go out of style. The key to this theme is black and white stripes with hot pink accents. And wherever you can sprinkle in some gold confetti, do it! I'm not a huge fans of shower games, but this bridal bingo is pretty cute. I also have a Kate Spade Inspired Invitation in my Etsy Shop here.
Be sure to check out my Pinterest "party ideas" board for more inspiration photos for Bridal showers, bbqs and more!